Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, an…

Author: intrigeri
To: MisterWS, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, and overlayfs
Hi again,

I forgot to answer this part:

> MisterWS (2020-01-22):
> With Secure Boot turned off (No Security):

> • First time attempting to boot in this mode, Tails launcher did appear, and start booting - however, notebook reset before GUI loading screen could appear.
> All subsequent boots showed same dialog as ‘Medium Security’ above.

Uh oh, OK.

Is this a regression compared to current official Tails releases?

Could you please retry with the latest USB image (.img) from

https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-6560-secure-boot/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

And add this boot option when starting Tails:

    intel_iommu=off

?

> All subsequent boots showed same dialog as ‘Medium Security’ above.

That's weird. I suspect the Apple firmware tries to do something
clever here.