Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, an…

Author: intrigeri
To: alienpup
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: Secure Boot, GRUB, and overlayfs
Hi alienpup,

alienpup (2020-03-28):
> Sorry for the long delay getting back to you

That's fine :)

> but I finally identified the problem wrt the "Device Authentication Failed" issue. The fix was to enter the BIOS and:
>
> 1) "Clear all secure boot keys"
> 2) "Load HP factory default keys"
>
> Tails 4.5 rc-1 then booted cleanly.

Tails (and most other operating systems that support Secure Boot) will
only boot if the default keys are trusted.

The behavior you're reporting suggests to me that your firmware was
configured to trust non-default Secure Boot keys. Do you remember
ever tweaking the Secure Boot trusted keys configuration?

Cheers!