Re: [Tails-dev] Do you read the changelog?

Author: intrigeri
To: oop pa, The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Broken link to the changelog in release announcement email [Was: Do you read the changelog?]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Do you read the changelog?
Hi,

oop pa:
> where can i find the code source to fix it

Thanks for your offer!

That email is generated by rss2email from the
https://tails.boum.org/news/emails.en.rss RSS feed.

rss2email is set up by
https://git.tails.boum.org/puppet-tails/tree/manifests/website/rss2email.pp

rss2email uses python3-html2text to convert the HTML it gets as its
input into text (Markdown).

Apparently, python3-html2text thinks it's OK to split a link at a "-"
boundary:

For more details, read our [changelog](https://git-
tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog).

This text comes from
wiki/src/contribute/how/documentation/release_notes/template.mdwn
which reads:

For more details, read our [[!tails_gitweb debian/changelog desc="changelog"]].

As a potential cheap workaround, I've updated all our !tails_git*
ikiwiki shortcuts so they use our current canonical Git repo URLs
(git.tails.boum.org), which is good in any case, and more importantly
for the case at hand, removes the "-" boundary from the link that's
currently broken. I'm curious if this helps python3-html2text do the
right thing!

If that's not enough, it would be awesome if someone — possibly you —
could teach python3-html2text to *not* split links :)
Note that this part of our infrastructure is currently running
Debian Stretch. It might be that newer versions of rss2email,
python3-html2text, or their dependencies, improve things in this area.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri