Re: [Tails-project] Do you read the changelog?

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Do you read the changelog?
anonym:
> As release managers, one of the things we produce is the changelog (i.e. debian/changelog; we are *not* talking about the release notes). We have the following questions for you, potential users of this file:
>
> - Do you read the changelog at all?
> - If so, what do you use it for?

The changelog is my main source of information when writing the release
notes.

I used to both read the changelog and check the Redmine view but was
asked to stop doing so in #12167 to prevent duplicated work. I'm now
only relying on the changelog to have a list of tickets to consider for
the release notes. But I always read the tickets entirely anyway since
the Changelog doesn't provide enough details for me to do my work.

If I didn't had the changelog to write the release notes, I could
probably do as good with Redmine only. I might be a bit slower or need
more clarification from release managers on what really ended up in the
release.

I'm not sure if anything relevant to my work ever ends up in a release
without having a dedicated ticket on Redmine. In such a case, I would
miss this information if the changelog was to disappear.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/