Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Sili…

Author: n9iu7pk
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Silicon)
Hi NoisyColi,

what a great work! That's the missing link! I tried that a couple of
years ago, struggled on knowledge, missing platforms like M1/M2 and
ARM's missing common boot process (might be less painful with EFI). And
re-started last year as I learned from the Asahi project.

>                                                     ... This makes the
> Tor Browser
> the single blocker for Tails on arm64 AFAICS (more on this later).

One of my first steps years ago was to build the Tor Browser from the
official repo and run it on a RPI (wasn't arm64, I guess armhf), hope I
can find my old stuff somewhere.

However, I hope that I can support you in some way. Thanks for sharing
your work, keep on!

All the best!
n9iu7pk