Re: [Tails-testers] 5.0~beta1 Change Background

Author: 「ヒラテス」
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 5.0~beta1 Change Background
Hi,

On Mon, April 25, 2022 09:32, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> During my night sessions, on a wide display with Tor Browser in its
>> original size, the original cyan background burns quite a lot. Changing
>> it to black is one of the first things I do.
>
> Understood. And I suppose GNOME's "night light" option won't work well
> in Tails because the system time is UTC :/

Yes. Even when I force the screen temperature change (manually with LCD
settings), the cyan is still too bright.

>> No problem for me to change it via gsettings but I'm not if average
>> Tails
>> user is the same.

Forgot word 'sure' in between 'I'm not' and 'if'. Apologies.

> Thankfully, one can implement the "create a picture filled with the
> solid color you want" solution (or choose whatever other background picture
> they want), without using the command line.

Yes, this is usable method but a bit complicated ux wise - you have to
store the 1*1 pixel image somewhere in persistence, then manually set it
up. No background persistence also.
But I don't mind.

> @sajolida, would you agree this is good enough and not worth spending
> developer time on?

I agree with both you and sajolida the feature isn't important enough to
invest dev time in.
But it's good to note.

> Cheers!

Thank you,