Re: [Tails-dev] I lost all my data on my back SSD drive

Author: Hans
To: Imnotgivingyoumyinfo, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] I lost all my data on my back SSD drive
Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2022, 05:33:38 CEST schrieb Imnotgivingyoumyinfo via
Tails-dev:
Huh, that hurts.

My advice: Do nothing else with this harddrive!

I would secure the status as early as possible! Put the ssd into another
computer, boot with a linux livefile system, then make an image of it to
another harddrive like /dev/sdc1

dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdc1/some_directory/myimage.dd

So you can use this image for recovery.

If everything fails, you may contact me directly. But to help further on, I
would need to get the drive to me to have a closer look.

Alternative you can upload the imagefile to megaupload.com or some other site.

You can encrypt the file before upload and only sent trusted people the
password.

Sorry, at the moment I can not tell any more.

Best regards

Hans