Re: [Tails-dev] Possible bug in /usr/local/sbin/tails-addit…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Possible bug in /usr/local/sbin/tails-additional-software (Tails 4.28)
Hi,

Daniel Leidert (2022-03-24):
> Am Donnerstag, dem 24.03.2022 um 08:34 +0100 schrieb intrigeri:
>> Could you please give us the steps to reproduce this?
>
> Sure.

Thanks!

> - enable the persistent storage and its additional software feature
> - start Tails and choose a root password
> - download the .deb package for Bisq from https://bisq.network/downloads/
> - open a root shell, try
>
> apt-get install /path/to/Bisq-64bit-1.8.4.deb
>
> This will fail in /usr/local/sbin/tails-additional-software with the error
> quoted above.

I see. It seems DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs sends different data to
apt_hook_pre(), when using "apt-get install /path/to/deb", than
what it does when using "apt-get install PACKAGE".

I think apt_hook_pre() should detect and ignore such actions, because
this installation method is not supported for Additional Software.

I don't see this reaching the top of our developers todo list any time
soon (if ever), but we would gladly consider a well-tested merge
request that implements this :)

Cheers!