[Tails-project] correctness of future Home and About pages

Author: sajolida
Subject: [Tails-project] correctness of future Home and About pages
Hi,

These weeks we are working with Andrés on the content and illustrations
for the future Home and About pages.

This work started at the last Tails summit in 2018 where we worked on
identifying the major benefits of using Tails. I already tested and
improved the content after interviewing 5 people at the IFF with the
help from Eileen from Simply Secure and did 3 more tests of a second
iteration last Saturday.

More improvements are coming, so please don't worry about whether things
are easy to understand or not: we're working on this already with
potential users.

But I also wanted to check with you whether:

* What I wrote is actually correct. Sometimes we have to find trade-offs
between simplicity or standard over technical correctness. For
example, we're switching from "almost any computer" to "any computer"
on purpose. Or that Tails might be not be theoretically safe from all
possible viruses ever, but in practice we want it to be. But you might
be able to catch important bugs in my writing and this week would be a
good time for that.

* What I wrote is something that we are fine displaying on our website,
in terms of public relationships, ethics, alignment with our mission
and values, etc.

You'll find in attachment the version that I tested on Saturday, images
included :)

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/