[Tails-testers] Unusable on devices with AMD Vega Mobile GPU…

Author: Rangan Das
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-testers] Unusable on devices with AMD Vega Mobile GPUs
Hi,
I tried using Tails 4.0b2 on two devices: one with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8 GPU and another with Ryzen 3 2200U with Vega 3 graphics. Unlike Tails 3.16, which fails to boot on these devices, Tails 4.0b2 boots, but freezes, crashes or hangs unexpectedly. Graphical glitches are extremely widespread and I cannot use the system for more than a couple of minutes without having to reset the device.

I presently have access to the device with the Vega 8 mobile GPU and if you need more information/logs, then I will be willing to help.

Regards,
Rangan