Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: tentative images of Ta…

Author: intrigeri
To: carlosm2, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: tentative images of Tails 4.0~beta2
Hi,

carlosm2:
> i did a test on this ** 4.0~beta2 **

Thanks!

> 1. I download the iso image
> 2. copy with etcher on a debian buster computer

Did you mean the USB image, or really the ISO image?

Note that we don't support installing Tails with Etcher from an ISO
image; we've never verified that it creates a Tails that matches our
expectations and provides the guarantees we aim to offer.

(We don't support installing with Etcher on Linux either but I'm less
concerned about it: one may hope it works in exactly the same way as
on platforms where we support it, that is Windows and macOS.)

> 12. on this boot, the tails greeter appear in this strange way:

> http://zs7xwvcspvnnrqhvyxyxpjkihc4lva3yustfr75j6giy24mdfg3rcwqd.onion/#EUIER8UroBdJfeOieFOkYw

Argh. It looks like either a bug in a the graphics stack, or a faulty
installation where one glyph ("s") cannot be read from the USB stick.

Can you reproduce this every time on this computer, or was it
a oneshot problem?

If you can reproduce it, please send a report with WhisperBack,
asking our help desk to point me to its ID.

> notes: the first time I boot the computer was not sincronizing with the
> clock correctly, I 've just plug and unplugged the network cable and
> works fine.

> the second usb has no problem at the first boot, but at the second boot
> again was unable to sincronize the clock, I fix it with unplug and plug
> of the network cable.

That's a bit concerning. If you can reproduce this, please send
a report with WhisperBack, asking our help desk to point me to its ID.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri