Re: [Tails-testers] Potential Problem

Author: segfault
To: Steven Quint, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Potential Problem
Hi,

thanks for your report.

Steven Quint:
> I was able to get an AES normal volume to unlock. However, it does not work for hidden volumes, not even with AES.

There was indeed an issue with hidden volumes in 3.9~rc1, which will be
fixed in 3.9. See https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15843.

> Every other encryption algorithm failed.

I now checked all encryption and hash algorithms supported by VeraCrypt,
and there are indeed some which are not supported in Tails (because they
are not supported by cryptsetup). Those are Camellia, Kuznyechik, and
Streebog. Please report if you experience issues with any other
algorithms. The corresponding ticket is
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/15910.

Cheers