Re: [Tails-l10n] Glossaries from Localization Lab

Author: u
To: tails-l10n, erinm
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Glossaries from Localization Lab
Hi!

sajolida:
> Localization Lab has made glossaries available on their website.
> For example:
>
> https://wiki.localizationlab.org/index.php/French_Localization_Lab_Unified_Glossary

Nice, there should be such a glossary indeed.
But there seem to be some weird translations:

For example, a "distribution" is translated as "version", which is
totally different and should be "distribution".

"Great Firewall of China" - translated once by "coupe feu" while it
should be "pare-feu" and later translated by "pare-feu"... seems
inconsistent.

"Functionality" could be "fonctionnalité" et non "fonction".

"Beta" is written "Bêta" instead of "Béta".

"Hidden service" is not even translated.

I also believe that "Retwitter" is wrong and should become "Retweeter".

"Relai de Tor" -> "Relai Tor" seems more correct to me.

But maybe this was a certain french dialect translation such as
québécois.. (the translation of "popup" to "Fenêtre éclair" makes me
think this). Well French != French.

Cheers!
u.