[T(A)ILS-dev] Rename project?

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] Rename project?
Hi!

Proposal: rename our project from "The (Amnesic) Incognito Live
System" to "The Amnesic Incognito Live System". I.e. from T(A)ILS to
TAILS. This actually was suggested by anonym on IRC.

Deadline: 1 week, i.e. the 1st of March.

,----
| Why?

`----

0. The amnesic nature of T(A)ILS seems as important as the incognito
one to me. It's indeed what makes T(A)ILS special e.g. compared to
the Tor Browser Bundle.
1. Lots of people and places, including the Tor website, have already
got into the habit of removing the parenthesis. I myself am often
too lazy to type these. It would be easier to look for
T(A)ILS-related stuff in a search engine if the project was named
consistently everywhere.
2. Nicer URLs e.g. when subscribing our project to CIA.vc or other
services (I've done this recently, more on this soon... when I get
the things I wanted to work). This one is a real minor one, sure.

,----
| How?

`----

I volunteer to implement the change, i.e. to run not-that-ugly Perl
one-liners against the website content and our source code to start
with, and adapt text on other online places accordingly when I run
into one faulty occurrence.

Some changes, though, such as every developer's Git configuration,
shall be made by individuals on their own.

,----
| Then?

`----

Does anyone want to keep the parenthesis?

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>