Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] truecrypt-whats the alternative

Author: intrigeri
To: The T\(A\)ILS public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] truecrypt-whats the alternative
Hi,

tim smy wrote (30 Jan 2011 12:20:23 GMT) :
> My view is that you cannot say:

> "This means that you should not create
> new TrueCrypt media if you intend to stay with T(A)ILS"

> with giving some alternative.

Why can't we say it?

Where did we commit to supporting such or such given TrueCrypt's
feature currently missing in Free software tools? I don't remember
anything like this.

I'm happy to discuss this topic with you, but we need more thought
through reasons to make decisions. "you cannot say" is a bit strong in
the words realm, as well as weak to convince anyone.

=> I'd be pleased to hear something like "to address T(A)ILS goals as
stated in the design document, this and that features are badly
needed", backed with some arguments.

Bye!