[Hackmeeting] Wired su Molleindustria - Soy, Fat, and Franch…

Author: pinna
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] Wired su Molleindustria - Soy, Fat, and Franchise: the McDonald's Videogame
Monday, 27 November 2006
Soy, Fat, and Franchise: the McDonald's Videogame

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/11/jimmy_as_gta3.html

I have a longtime irritation with agenda video games, most notably the
much-touted, anti-Kinko’s “Disaffected”. But after playing the
McDonald’s Game, I’m a little more willing to give them the time of day.
The site is written as if the corporation themselves put it up:

    For decades McDonald’s corporation has been heavily criticized for
his negative impact on society and environment. There are inevitably
some glitches in our activity: rainforest destruction, livelihood losses
in the third world, desertification, precarization of working
conditions, food poisoning and so on…

    Denying all these well founded accusations would be impossible so we
decided to create an online game to explain to young people that this is
the price to pay in order to preserve our lifestyle.

The game is an adorable little fast food franchise simulation, full of
adorable little Dr. Tran-esque characters acting out the many people
responsible for bringing you your steaming, oily burgers. Give it a
spin.

-> http://www.mcvideogame.com