[Hackmeeting] Dannati Script Kiddies (che giocano afaregliHa…

Author: sandman
Subject: [Hackmeeting] Dannati Script Kiddies (che giocano afaregliHacker)
Dani wrote:
[...]
> Perchè non concepire un sistema che permette a tutta la comunità di offrire
> banda per difendere il servizio dal DOS attack.
> (Scusatemi se continuo a vaneggaire) un sistema distribuito che funzioni un
> po' come un peer to peer e che permette a tutti di dare la loro banda per
> contribuire a far resistere il sistema durante l'attacco.

[...]

Qualcuno c'ha pensato, piu' o meno:
http://www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/coral/

"What is Coral?

Coral is peer-to-peer content distribution network. It allows a user to
run a web site that offers high performance and meets huge demand, all
for the price of a $50/month cable modem. Sites that volunteer to run
Coral automatically replicate content as a side effect of users
accessing it. Publishing through Coral is as simple as appending a short
string to the hostname of objects' URLs; a peer-to-peer DNS layer
transparently redirects browsers to participating cache nodes, which in
turn cooperate to minimize load on the source web server. Using modern
peer-to-peer indexing techniques, Coral will efficiently find a cached
object if it exists anywhere in the network, requiring that it use the
origin server only to initially fetch the object once."

sand
--
Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Copy me to your .signature file and
help me propagate, thanks!