Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-dev Digest, Vol 165, Issue 13

Author: noisycoil
To: Ben Westgate via Tails-dev
CC: Tails Dev, Ben Westgate
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-dev Digest, Vol 165, Issue 13
Hi Ben,

I thought it was understood we're talking about two separate squashfs filesystems - one for each architecture -, hence double the size. I don't see how the binaries for two different architectures could coexist on the same root. Perhaps you could heavily tweak live-boot (again, I think this is the right component but I'm not sure) so as to overlay the content of different squashfs's over the same root? Of course, you should also heavily tweak live-build to build such an image.

For the record, I like the idea too, I think it's cool. But perhaps we should first focus on if and how to bring Tails on arm64 :-)

NC