[Tails-testers] (2/2) Default window sizing of the GNOME app…

Author: shine_exhaust107
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] (2/2) Default window sizing of the GNOME apps
While I was testing 6.0~rc1 I have found some problems in which UX team might be interested. All of it may be too far-fetched and subjective, but I think it's worth a try.

-- Nautilus' second windows are very small

| Default window sizing for Nautilus is pretty similar in both 5.22 and 6.0~rc1 (about 900x550 pixels). If you're trying to copy/move files, Nautilus will try to open another window for that task. In 5.22 it's pretty big and conveniet overall (be_little.png). But in 6.0~rc1 this window is contained by the main window, and thus is very small and unaccessible (bw_both.png).

-- Text Editor has a very small default window size

| gedit's default window size is 900x750 (text_be.png). On the other hand, Text Editor's default size is just 700x500 (text_bw.png). It may look OK in my examples, but it also might be pretty inconvenient for someone (personally, I have a text file with a list of my Tor bridges and it looks really poorly when I open it on 6.0~rc1).

-- Contrast of the selection is really faded on Bookworm

| This one is really far-fetched, but contrast in 5.22 (contr_be.png) does not stand in comparison with the 6.0 (contr_bw.png). Using "High Contrast" option in Accessibility Menu helps, but it's just a workaround (hg_contr.png).

As I said before, these problems are really subjective and can differ from person to person. Objectively, all of the above can be solved by just resizing a window or/and enabling one option (which takes literally 1-2 seconds). In the same time I think it can be solved on the default option basis. I have no idea how GTK4 works, but for me it can be fixed by several config files changes. Feel free to reject this issue if it doesn't fit your view. Thanks you in advance!
Back up for files: https://send.vis.ee/download/f21eb2f292226a5e/#CoYI6V8HZIokCOm1hcQ5og