[Tails-dev] Persistence

Author: kb0ebg@juno.com
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Persistence
Greetings;
I have my Tails installed on a write protected 8gb Kanguru USB 3.0 flash drive,
because it has a physical write protect switch.
I write protect it after installing and after any updates, physically protecting Tails.
I have “Persistence” on a separate phrase encrypted USB that is not write protected.
When Tails boots it finds this Persistence on the computer and asks to unlock it.
This has worked for many years, until v5.8 to the current version.
This would have worked well with DVD's too. I am now locked into v5.7 foreword.

I and maybe others would appreciate it, if this ability would be restored to Tails.

Carl T. Knox (Nerd Knox)
kb0ebg@??? the third character is a Zero not an 'o'.