[Tails-dev] Announcement: Roadmap:YYYYQN labels

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Announcement: Roadmap:YYYYQN labels
Hi,

After a discussion with Disoj and boyska, we'll now track our roadmap
using quarterly *labels* called Roadmap:YYYYQN:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/groups/tails/-/labels?subscribed=&search=roadmap%3A

These labels replace:

- the yearly labels we were using to track our roadmap so far
(e.g. ~2022 and ~2023)

I'm going to leave alone the issues with these labels: that's
useful historical info, and these issues will get another YYYYQN
label if they land on our updated roadmap.

- the YYYYQN milestones

These milestones were never fully integrated into our workflow and
tooling, and they don't work for some of our teams, so they are now
obsoleted by the new labels, which should hopefully work for
every team.

I'll migrate the issues and MRs that have these milestones to the
new labels (either this week or next week). After which I'll delete
the YYYYQN milestones.

I suppose some teams will have to accordingly update links to
filtered boards and similar. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri