Re: [lime] Technical meeting log

Author: cri
To: libremesh
New-Topics: [lime] TODAY 13utc Technical meeting
Subject: Re: [lime] Technical meeting log

On 18/01/23 12:30, cri via LibreMesh wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> I would remember that the next tech meeting will be.
>
> NEXTmeeting: saturday 21 of january at 13 UTC
>
> the next again will be during the week, because we decided to alternate
> one during the weekend and one during the week.

hi!

yes, happened!

you can find the log in this link
https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021,

but I paste the report also at the bottom of this email
______________

ciao,

si ci siam trovate!

il report si trova al link lì
https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021

e lo incollo anche in fondo alla mail

> On 04/01/23 15:54, Ilario via LibreMesh wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> we just finished the first technical meeting.
>> Please find below the meeting minutes.
>>
>> One important bit you should not miss:
>> the plan is to have a meeting every two weeks, alternating a meeting
>> on Wednesday with a meeting on Saturday.
>> So, the next meeting has been set for Saturday the 21st at 13:00 UTC.

we see again the next Tech meeting

      wednesday 15 of February 13UTC

But....... the nearest meeting will be on

    saturday 4th of February 13UTC

http://libremesh.org/communication.html

I'll send soon an email to write together the topics agenda, I remember
last year we were in a hurry for GSoC (google summer of code)
applications with Freifunk, maybe this year we can speak about this more
relaxed :)

see you soon

Cristina

___________________________________

ci vediamo al prossimo Incontro Tecnico

        mercoledì 15 febbraio 13UTC

Ma....... la prossima riunione sarà

    sabato 4 febbraio 13UTC

http://libremesh.org/communication.html

Invierò presto una mail per scrivere insieme gli argomenti dell'Agenda,
anche perchè ricordo che febbraio scorso eravamo di fretta per proporre
i progetti per il GSoC (google summer of code) con Freifunk,
magari quest'anno riusciamo a parlarne con più tranquillità

ciao a presto
Cristina

============

====================
=== 2023-01-21 =========
====================
TECH MEETING

Attendees:
Cri, Hiure, Elektra, Eric, Tania

Agenda

     Services

     debug connectivity problems with local services (Hiure) 2 router
connected by wifi and both cable, interest most BATMAN (level2),

     Integration w/ local services and content (LokaLR and beyond)

     Hiure: Looping issue investigation. Sanketh found solution?
https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Bridge-loop-avoidance

     Is a new version needed where this is included? What work is entailed?

     Elektra: Potential easy Fix. Shellscript to execute. LM system
doesn't currently enable this. Workaround: Add the line "batctl bl 1" to
/etc/rc.local

     UCI: add commands to change /etc/config/batman, or manually edit this.

     Hiure: need to find this in LM.

     Elektra: To investigate and propose way forward and any support
required. (Done. See 1.5 ;)

     Cristina: network profile of our community, and to show where some
comunity configuration can be written and applied:
https://github.com/libremesh/network-profiles/blob/master/valsamoggia.ninux.org/vs-ninux-generic/root/etc/config/lime-community

     Next meeting dates:

     * 4th february Organization of LiMe
http://libremesh.org/communication.html

     * wednesday tech meeting 1 of February  (same week of the other
meeting) or 8 of February (just near to the other) or 15 of february

Hardware

     "Legacy hardware that is actually in use in real world community
networks"

     What hardware are others already using.  What hardware CAN be used.

     Where is the most up to date list? Should/how can this be
organized, and shared on LM website/github, etc

       http://libremesh.org/docs/en_quick_starting_guide.html

     Compatible Hardware

     It is recommended that the router has at least 8 MB of flash memory
and 64 MB of RAM. For routers with 4 MB flash memory or 32 MB of RAM,
use the special firmware named -mini or compile one yourself excluding
some heavy packages (e.g. opkg or the LuCI and lime-app web interfaces).

     Not all the OpenWrt supported routers work with LibreMesh (at
least, not with its default configuration), for a list of the tested
hardware, see our hardware page.
http://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/index.html

     Tested Hardware (from the list in the website)

     This is a list of devices that were tested by the community and
reported as fully compatible with LibreMesh, it is by no means a
complete list of the working devices.

     Xiaomi MiWiFi R3

     Xiaomi Mi WiFi R3G

     YouHua WR1200JS

     LibreRouter

     TP-Link WDR3500

     TP-Link WDR3600

     TP-Link WDR4300

     Dragino MS14

     Alix 2d2

     Ubiquiti UniFi AP

     Ubiquiti AirRouter

     Ubiquiti AirGateway

     Ubiquiti NanoBridge M2 and M5

     Ubiquiti NanoStation M2 XW and LoCo M2 XW

     Ubiquiti NanoStation M5 XW and LoCo M5 XW

     Ubiquiti PicoStation M2

     Ubiquiti Bullet M2 and M5

     Ubiquiti Rocket M2 and M5

     Buffalo WSR-1166DHP

     Flex mARC

     Western Digital My Net N600

     EXAMPLE, now I'm using Cristina : Device Ubiquiti Litebeam M5

     Firmware LiMe 2020.1 ExpansiveEmancipation ((no branch) rev.
6f1730e 20210612_1552)

     openwrt-19.07 branch (git-21.044.30835-34e0d65) And we have the
same firmware also on CPE 510 v2

     Updated Hardware List:

     G10h4ck:

         - LibreRouter v1

         - TP-Link TL-WDR3600

         - TP-Link TL-WDR4300

         - TP-Link TL-WDR4310

         - TP-Link TL-WDR3500

     Troian - Nupef : TPLinks-  WDR 3500, 3600, 4300 Archer C7v5 Archer
C50v4, CPE210v1-3,

     Equippment ported only to owrt22 - Archer C50 v5, Archer C6 (to
test new LIME version)

     bologna appennino:  Ubiquity Litebeam M5 - TPlink CPE 510 (ath79)

https://antennine.noblogs.org/post/2021/12/15/tipi-di-antenne-che-usiamo/

     Hiure - Brasil / India : Cpe510/v1,v2,v3, Cpe210/v1,v2,v3 Cpe220,
A7v5, tl-wdr3500, tl-wdr3600, tl-wdr4310, C60, C7, C5

     Are we limited to the devices on the OpenWRT list?
https://openwrt.org/toh/start

     How are people porting new devices?

     Big changes w/ new OpenWRT version.  Sometimes previous LM versions
on OpenWRT 18 worked, now with v.19, things break.

     How do we define the process of using more hardware, including
hardware not on OpenWRT list.

     Relevant?:

https://communitynetworks.group/t/expanding-openwrt-libremesh-hardware-support/790/5

https://communitynetworks.group/t/openwrt-libremesh-image-building-learning-group/823

     ## QoS,using TC (traffic control)

what do yuo think about aplly QoS in a mesh network, how to know how
much bandwith do you share with the others. can you set a distribution
of this.
on AP and Client, but difficult in nodes of mesh, because that are
running the mesh routing

Bologna: we collect the data by Prometheus + Graphana and show to the
community, we have meeting to show with the others, 1 meeting closed
with everyone inside the mesh network; ither 3 public meeting in a
public place, and we have every season a public tech meeting. we started
to do that meeting for show the privacy problem but at he end is usefull
for the know the consumtion of bandwith
in my island we are 15 with a connction of 30Mbs down /10Mbs up

Elektra: traffic shaping to go on AP that clients are using.
Is there a more centralized way to do this?

Traffic Control Talk:
https://videos.apc.org/u/nicopace/m/traffic-control-on-openwrt-and-libremesh/

https://communitynetworks.group/t/traffic-control-on-openwrt-and-libremesh-second-round/888

Who else is doing this, or interested in this?

Hiure:
Pirhana, in Brazil. Allow people to access by Voucher. PiHole - to block
sites.

## support for OpenWrt 22.03

A the moment, about the support for OpenWrt 22.03, from
Bologna/appennino we have in use a link done on Tplink CPE 510 v2.3

working to merge this https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/pull/959

Closing at 14:27 utc
Netx tech meeting will be on Wednesday 15th February 2023