[Tails-testers] Testing 5.0beta, but bridge problem started …

Author: kitferedsay34
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Testing 5.0beta, but bridge problem started in 4.29
Greetings,

Had a problem with 4.29, and was curious if 5.0beta was going to solve
it. Tried testing it, did not, so writing.

Last functioning version was 4.28 (but don't have that install since
automatic 4.29 upgrade). 4.27 is also fine, "working_version" screenshot
provided. Also screenshot of testing version ("broken_version").

Normal procedure is for me to use a bridge. Would pick "easier to
connect to Tor" first option, choice "configure a bridge", and enter
bridge details. Click "Connect to Tor" button, progress bar would get up
to around 2/3 of way to right, then become very slow. At this point it
either goes to the error in "final_window" or creeps toward the end of
the progress bar (might be 5-10 minutes of waiting), then gives the same
error. None of the options are helpful or relevant (not on proxy, public
network, etc.), and tried fixing the clock but does not solve problem.
Once it gives the "final_window" error, nothing I can do besides
restarting computer and internet connection.

Hate to say this, but is an intermittent problem. Can get bridges to
work as usual in 4.29 (and even 5.0beta), but only maybe around 30-40%
of the time. Once bridges work, everything fine (I cannot go from
bridges working to not working in the same Tails boot). But once the
error window appears, have to reboot.

If a bridge is not used, have not had a problem and Tails connects as
usual. Would almost get the impression that this is some sort of
bridge-related timeout problem, given the timing characteristics and how
it is not solvable once problem occurs.

Have tried multiple installs of 4.29 and 5.0beta on multiple USB drives,
used them on multiple computers, tried multiple bridges -- even with
multiple ISPs. All of those variables have been eliminated. Only thing
left is something in 4.29 version and later.

This bridge been fine for almost a month (and multiple Tails versions),
will keep it running until 5.0 comes out for your testing:

Bridge obfs4 185.126.238.206:12255
1FFC0A18BE54A0F936FCF9136785E8706C485F95
cert=pmBisXdP6tWeUPo7xC2TmEOQxnxgcTdlQHJufXGTL/nmSs/Dk449jMH/b4AvAVUkUPcJWw
iat-mode=0

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.