[Tails-l10n] Russian translation [was: Desperately seeking t…

Author: emma peel
To: tails-l10n
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Russian translation [was: Desperately seeking the developers]
ignifugo:

> On 11/07/21 13:50, Sergey Smirnov wrote:
>> Hi, I'm Sergey aka dedmoroz, the leading Russian translator of the
>> Tails website. We found ourselves in the dead end. Almost all core
>> pages have been translated and we need to quickly review this
>> translation before it appears on the website. However, our reviewer
>> (ohai) lack reviewer's rights in Weblate. It happens that I cannot get
>> any response from emmapeel. I dropped a message to Gitlab but without
>> any success. My colleagues from LocLab also attempted but had no luck.
>> Is there anyone from the developers' team here? Please respond. We
>> only need to complete the job which is almost done.

ey there!

Thanks so much for the work! We are getting ready for adding Russian to
our website, but as we are about to make a release in August 10, it was
decided to wait till then, as we didn't wanted to have problems on the
website while releasing

One thing that can be done now is to finish the Tails custom programs strings
in Transifex, so we can also release Tails with the interface in Russian.

They are:

https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/tails-misc/ 84,7% translated, 0% reviewed

https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/tails-onioncircuitspot/ 100% translated, 0% reviewed

https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/tails-openpgp-appletpot/ 100% translated, 0% reviewed

The unreviewed strings do not appear on the release.

Thanks!

emmapeel