Re: [Tails-dev] Add simple GUI to back up persistent volume …

Author: David A. Wheeler
To: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Add simple GUI to back up persistent volume (attached)

> On Aug 3, 2021, at 4:40 PM, sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
>
> intrigeri:
>> @sajolida, what do you think?
>
> Sounds great!
>
> Also, the code is simple enough to allow me to work on the UI and
> strings on my own :)

Thanks! That was my goal. I think simplicity is important for security AND maintainability.
If you change the backup approach, you can always tweak the script so it
will use the new approach (and hopefully gracefully transition to it).

Also: I just noticed that since it no longer generates a log file, this line:
      msg="$(gettext -s "Backup failed. See details in log file ${LOG}”)”
should be:
      msg="$(gettext -s "Backup failed.")"

> Thanks a lot David for helping us do meaningful increments on this very
> important missing feature.

Sure! I’m happy I could help.

--- David A. Wheeler