[Tails-l10n] Tails 4.11~rc1 on 2020-09-08 [Was: Tails 4.11 r…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Tails 4.11~rc1 on 2020-09-08 [Was: Tails 4.11 release schedule]
anonym:
> So, here's the schedule I propose:
>
> # Tails 4.11~rc1
>
> I'd like the release candidate to include the latest possible Tor Browser 10 alpha, so I'm trying to coordinate with the Tor Browser developers. My guess is that it will latest be on September 11, but I might want to try on September 8 instead to give testers more time -- it will depend a bit on the timing of the Tor Browser alphas and my personal availability. Stay tuned!

I was just informed that the Tor Browser developers have drafted a rough release schedule until the 10.0 release: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/wikis/Release-Schedule

It says that 10.0a7 is planned to be released on 2020-09-08, meaning it will be available for testing for a couple of days prior to that. So it looks like a perfect fit to prepare the images on the 7th and release 4.11~rc1 on the 8th as well, i.e.:

2020-09-07:
- Freeze at 12:00 CEST! Please do not push anything to the stable or devel branches for the rest of the day!
- Build the Tails 4.11~rc1 images.
- Start testing.

2020-09-08:
- Finish testing.
- Release!
- Translators can start translating new/modified strings.

Testers, how does your availability look on:

* 2020-09-07, evening?

* 2020-09-08, morning-afternoon?

Cheers!