Re: [Tails-project] GitLab is now in production

Author: Zen Fu
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] GitLab is now in production
sajolida <sajolida@???> writes:
> intrigeri:
>> Known issues
>> ============
>>
>>  - Updates to repositories used to build our website (tails.git and
>>    any of its underlay repositories, such as mirror-pool.git) are not
>>    automatically propagated to our production website. Only sysadmins
>>    can manually propagate such updates.

> I think that this is not solved yet, right? It's not been too painful
> for my Tech Writing or UX work but it's still slowing down a bit the
> mirrors team and thus breaking a few more downloads and upgrades for
> our users.
>
> Where can we track the resolution of this?

We are tracking it in 2 places, actually:

    https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/gitlab-migration/-/issues/57
    https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/sysadmin/-/issues/17716

Our GitLab provider is aware of the issue, but they are currently busy
with other stuff.

One of the reasons why we chose to configure GitLab to push to our
private Gitolite (instead of just reconfiguring everything to work from
GitLab) was because we thought this would speed up the migration process
as fewer pieces would have to be touched. Unfortunatelly, we didn't
account with firewall rules that we don't have the means to change
ourselfes.

I'll make sure to ping them again this week, and maybe come up with
another strategy if they'll take longer.