Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release candidate schedule

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev, tails-rm
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release candidate schedule
Hi,

Cyril Brulebois (2020-03-20):
> Here's the tentative timeline:
>  - freeze to happen on 2020-03-22 at the latest; developers, if you have
>    stuff that remains to be merged by then, you're welcome to tell us
>    (on say tails-dev@ and tails-rm@) so that we discuss whether to wait
>    a little more, or whether to skip.

I have 2 relevant things:

- #6560 and friends

I want to merge it ASAP. The only remaining blocker is input from
kibi. Depending on when I receive this input, and depending on when
the freeze happens, I might or might not have time to act on it in
time for the freeze. Now, AFAIK this branch is the only reason why
we want a RC this time, and the March 22 deadline came from my own
preferences wrt. RC timing, so surely we can find something that
works for everyone involved :)

- #15460 (drop Sikuli, yeah!)

I'd like to merge this branch immediately after #6560, but before
the freeze.

anonym plans to do a few last-minute small fixes on Monday.
It's mostly about doc fixes, that IMO could be merged after the
freeze (or even after 4.5~rc1) if needed.

So, anonym: from now on, it's probably safer if you only commit to
that branch changes that you're confident can get a freeze
exception — just in case.

Cheers!