Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.3 Unstable -->>[was: Installing …

Author: Terry Gruzebeck
To: intrigeri, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.3 Unstable -->>[was: Installing a Tails USB Image as Virtual USB Storage in Virt-Manager]

    Hi, and thanks for the followup.  Both Tails 4.4 and 4.3
    virt-manager VM sessions freeze/seize in place.  They become
    completely unresponsive no matter how long you wait, and regardless
    of how they are installed/run (i.e., by either CD or USB).  Nothing
    can be done within the Tails virtual machine session/interface once
    they seize up.  This leaves only virt-manager's shutdown menu
    commands viable for reclaiming the system RAM previously dedicated
    to the stalled Tails session.

    This seizing up problem
only began happening with the
    introduction of Tails ver. 4.3; and now it happens with 4.4 as
    well.  I've downgraded back to ver. 4.2, since it won't upgrade to
    ver. 4.2.2., which was the last best-performing Tails version in a
    virt-manager VM session (which runs in my
continuously-upgrading
      Parrot 4.8 Linux host OS
).  Meanwhile, all Debian upgrades to
    the Parrot host OS function flawlessly under proper conditions, so
    it's definitely the changes made only to the Tails distro since ver.
    4.3 that cause the VM sessions to freeze/seize up in my
Hewlett-Packard
      Elitebook machine with 12 Gb of RAM.