Re: [Tails-testers] alpha 4.3 secure boot

Author: intrigeri
To: Jeff Jones
CC: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] alpha 4.3 secure boot
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Jones (2020-02-24):
> Got 404 error when I tried to click the .img link

Ouch, my mistake!

Here's the correct link:
https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-6560-secure-boot-force-all-tests/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

>> Boot disk made with Etcher on windows 10; on MacOSX Etcher says .img is
>> corrupted.

> No have never seen this on any 4.x versions - and I made 100 of them helf
> on PC and half on MacOS.

I've thought about it a little more and cannot think of any change
(between official 4.x and the experimental USB image you've tested)
that could explain this, unless Etcher goes to great lengths to
inspect the content of the USB image — which is not exactly its job as
we use it merely to copy raw bytes to the destination device. So I'm
looking forward to you retrying with a new, fresh download.

> Stay tuned for more tests should have 5-6 more
> machines to test this week

Awesome! It seems to me that you regularly have access to a rather
broad variety of hardware, and are willing to occasionally make Tails
benefit from this by trying experimental Tails images on some of
these machines. If you're not subscribed to the tails-testers
mailing list yet, please consider subscribing, in order to receive
our future calls for testing:

https://tails.boum.org/about/contact/index.en.html#tails-testers

:)