Re: [Tails-l10n] No danish in 4.1

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion, scootergrisen
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] No danish in 4.1
scootergrisen:
> In Tails 4.0 danish translation was remove and i complained about it.
> Now in Tails 4.1 i still see no danish translation.

Hi,

We're aware of this. In Tails 4.0, we decided to remove all languages
for which our custom programs had no translation at all. Our custom
programs include the automatic upgrades, the Persistence settings, Tails
Installer, the WhisperBack error reporting, etc.

We think that it's better not to advertise a language if, later on,
people can't read any of these applications in their favorite language
We think that removing such languages will make it easier for people to
find an alternative language for which they will benefit from better
translations.

This is a pretty new decision and we're open to reconsider it in the
future but so far very few people complained about it.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/