Re: [Tails-dev] Mounting the Tails LUKS partition on Android…

Author: u
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Teqleez Motley
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Mounting the Tails LUKS partition on Android tablets?
Hi!

On 06.12.19 15:24, Teqleez Motley wrote:
> IMO, it would be incredibly practical to be able to mount the Tails LUKS partition on Android tablets.
> This might also open up the use of Tails to more purposes/user groups.

What are you trying to achieve exactly? Accessing data to share it using
apps on the Android device for example? Why do you think this is useful?

For the record, I think this is something you can try to solve with
Android (opening a LUKS partition), but to me it looks like this is not
something that Tails can solve.

I would share files between the two devices like that:

- Use Tails and then use an unencrypted USB stick to transfer
data to an Android device for example.

- Plug the Android device while using Tails and mount the device disk in
Tails to transfer data between the two.

u.