Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choo…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choosing which GitLab we will use
Hi nodens,

nodens:
> - can we use the backup features for migrating elsewhere if needed? Or
> are those restricted?

AFAIK the project import/export feature¹ is always available. Do you
have indications that it can be restricted?

[1] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/settings/import_export.html

Or maybe you were asking about backup/restore of the full GitLab
instance? In this case, I think it requires:

- We're hosted on an instance that's dedicated to Tails (be it
self-hosted or not): nobody will give us a backup of their full
GitLab, including confidential data that belongs to other projects.

and

- Either SSH access to the GitLab machine, or good communication with
the admins of the GitLab that hosts our stuff. Both are covered in
the comparison I'm preparing so we're good on this front.

Makes sense?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri