Re: [Tails-l10n] Report: MozFest 2019

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
CC: tails-translations
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Report: MozFest 2019
Hi,

For context, I'm quoting something that I initially posted on
a private mailing list:

> From: intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:22:40 +0000

> the last week-end I attended MozFest […]

> The 1h session about the translation platform was a half-success:
> a dozen people attended, but most of them were… native English
> speakers. […] We spent a bit more time than planned on the
> introduction to Tails because attendees asked many questions. We did
> a little bit of usability testing for registering a new account
> (even native English speakers can do that) and submitting
> a translation suggestion (to non-native languages in some cases,
> sorry reviewers). That was much less than I wanted but it made some
> important usability problems really obvious. I'll report back about
> this somewhere relevant.

You can now find on
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform/#ux:

- my report about this usability testing + some proposals

- notes from a quick review of our doc for translators,
that a UX designer (Bcc'ed) did next to me — thanks!

As a follow-up, I have improved
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/ a bit.

Cheers,
--