Re: [Tails-testers] MacBook support

Author: Mario Costa
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] MacBook support
Thank you for your answers.

I blacklisted the thunderbolt module at boot time and managed to successfully boot. With Tails 3.16 no blacklisting was needed, I'm not sure what changed.

However, trackpad and keyboard don’t work. The page of the driver merged to the kernel is https://github.com/roadrunner2/macbook12-spi-driver <https://github.com/roadrunner2/macbook12-spi-driver>, it doesn’t explicitly cite the Retina MacBook Air but I thought it was the same interface of the new MacBook Pros. Maybe I’ll try to contact the maintainer and see if this can be easily tuned to work with the Air.

Anyway, I tried booting the last beta of Ubuntu with kernel 5.3 and had the same thunderbolt module error, maybe something changed upstream.