[Tails-testers] Tails 4.0beta2

Author: Michael Gerstacker
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.0beta2
Hi,

i tested 4.0beta2 again on my Dell Inspiron 5559.

The time between Greeter and Desktop was only 14 seconds so i think thats
much better again.

The behavior that the first shutdown after the incremental upgrade takes
much longer was there again.
I pressed Esc and its one line which is constantly changing between:

(1 of 2) A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 112 ( x / 2 min)
and
(2 of 2) A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000 ( x / 2 min)

The x is counting up till 1 min 30 s then:
[ok] Stopped User Manager for UID 112.

and the shutdown process is going on.

On every other shutdown the whole shutdown process is done after a few
seconds but after an incremental update it takes minimum one and a half
minutes so i think at least after an upgrade the user should see that his
computer isnt done with shutting down after a few seconds.

I did a video like intrigeri asked me for which i can upload if its
necessary. But i think that step should be reproduceable.

It seems a link in the email "[Tails-news] Call for testing: 4.0beta2" is
broken.
I see:
Technical details of all changes are listed in the [Changelog](https://git-
tails.immerda.ch/tails/ ...).

When i click on the first part of the link then it opens "http://git-"
which is not working of course and when i click on the second part of the
link it opens "tails.immerda.ch/tails/ ..." which is not working too.
I dont think that my browser or googlemail is breaking the link so i think
its the template you use which contains that broken link.
I already reported that a few months ago but didnt got an answer and it
seems to be broken since at least three releases.

Maybe its imagination but 4.0beta2 feels even faster than 4.0beta1.
Especially during 3.x you sometimes felt how the system is doing step after
step and you were afraid to move the cursor because you didnt knew if you
maybe interrupt it with that.
Now it feels more windows-like and you can mess around without the need to
be afraid that you might break something.
Thats good.