[Tails-testers] Fwd: Black Screen using Tails 3.12

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails help desk
CC: Rick Davis, Tails list for early testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Fwd: Black Screen using Tails 3.12
hi,

I'm forwarding this to our help desk.

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
To: "tails-testers@???" <tails-testers@???>
From: Rick Davis <davis.rick393@???>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 10:28:00 -0600
Cc: Rick Davis <davis.rick393@???>
Subject: [Tails-testers] Black Screen using Tails 3.12

Hi:

I am having trouble getting Tails 3.12 to load on my custom built gaming computer:

Ryzen 2700X CPU
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB GPU (connected to a Samsung C27HG70 2560x1440 monitor via Displayport)
Windows 10 version 1809

I used the latest version of Rufus to burn the 3.12 USB image file to an 8 GB Lexar USB 2.0 stick which has worked fine with this computer with previous versions of Tails.
I also burned the 3.12 iso file to a CD using ImgBurn.

What I am seeing with both the USB 3.12 stick as well as the CD 3.12 disk is upon restarting the computer out of Windows 10 I see the Tails splash screen (Tails/Tails Troubleshooting) but after pressing the Tails option
I only see a black screen…no Tails Greeter shows up nor anything else as before when it was working.

There are 2 things that are different with my setup from before when Tails was working properly:

I have a new Samsung C27HG70 2560x1440 monitor (was previously an HP 2312gt 1080p monitor hooked to my Nvidia GPU via HDMI)
I just installed the latest version of the Nvidia driver (version 417.71)

Any ideas as to what may be causing these results?

Thanks,
Rick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---