[Tails-testers] Call for testing: tentative ISO image for Ta…

Author: flowa
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: tentative ISO image for Tails 3.9
Hi intrigeri,

test of tentative 3.9 went smoothly. Here is what I did:

Installed 3.9 using Tails Installer 3.8, burned iso to new USB device.
Booted 3.9 and fooled around with Tor browser, Writer, Calc, Scribus, Audio, Veracrypt...

Audio app works well when playing AVI, MP4, MKV and MP3.

Veracrypt: When I tried to open a encrypted partition from a USB Flash Disk, this was refused with error message. Mounting the new block device with Disks worked (with admin password). Same issue as reported earlier on 3.9~rc1.

Not so for encrypted file container: this could be accessed from a USB harddisk, using "Unlock VeraCrypt Volumes" app. Hidden volume worked as well. Simple and easy.

I will definitely upgrade my 3.8 to 3.9 when it is released. Thanks to the developers for the great achievement!

flowa
flowa@???