Re: [Tails-l10n] Use latest translations

Author: intrigeri
To: scootergrisen
CC: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Use latest translations
scootergrisen:
> Den 12-01-2018 kl. 08:13 skrev intrigeri:
>> Could you please give us at least one example of a specific string
>> that should be translated and is not?
>> Thanks in advance :)

> "Tor is ready" says its translated 4 years ago on Transifex but i see the english
> string i Tails.

I confirm it's translated in our Git tree since early 2014:
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/po/da.po#n34

I've started Tails 3.4, selected the "Dansk (Danish)" language,
set an Administration Password to help debug, clicked "Start Tails",
and I confirm "Tor is ready" is displayed in English. Same for
"Synchronizing the system's clock".

Short version: we fucked up but it should be fixed in Tails 3.5.

Long version: this is tracked by
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/13437. I submitted a fix 6 months
ago, which was included in Tails 3.1, but due to a wrong manipulation
by the release manager for that release the fix got lost somehow and
didn't make it into Tails 3.2. This was identified by xin (thanks!)
but for some reason a new Greeter was not build for Tails 3.3 nor 3.4
again so the problem is still there. I've raised the priority of this
ticket and added another note there to increase the chances the RM for
Tails 3.5 releases a new Greeter with the fix.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri