Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 2 beta1

Author: intrigeri
To: Gary Rohde
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 2 beta1
Gary Rohde wrote (09 Jan 2016 12:32:00 GMT) :
> Hi tried it on virtualbox with my Dell Inspiron 1520. Works Ok. Could u make
> scrolling less jerky. It's very smooth on Tails 1.8.1.

Thanks for testing and reporting back!

Could you please try different (emulated) video hardware and settings
in VirtualBox? It's been a while since last time I used VirtualBox,
but IIRC you can opt-in for 2D/3D acceleration, and perhaps give the
VM more video memory?

If any of these tricks improve things, please let us know so that we
can document it :)

If none of these tricks improve things, please report a bug, in which
you'll explicitly refer to this email discussion, and will ask for the
bug report to be forwarded to me:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,