[Intergas] Fwd: There are red lines that must not be crossed

Author: Sandra Cangemi
To: ekonomi, intergas, comitatostopttipmilano, r.bramb >> Roberto Brambilla
Subject: [Intergas] Fwd: There are red lines that must not be crossed

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto:     There are red lines that must not be crossed
Data:     Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:24:28 +0000
Mittente:     Nicolas Haeringer - 350.org <350@???>
Rispondi-a:     350@???
A:     Sandra Cangemi <sandra.cangemi@???>

Sandra,

*Plans are coming together for an epic action on December 12th in the
streets of Paris. *

A diverse and powerful coalition of organisations from across Europe
have reached consensus on a plan for action on December 12th*.* Our goal
is to have the last word after world leaders conclude their talks, and
the message we will carry is that we are the ones we've been waiting
for: *together our movement has the power to keep the world from
crossing the planet's red lines from which there's no return*.

We will both converge in the centre of Paris, and march to surround the
main hall where heads of state are meeting so that our message and
meaning cannot be missed.

*This is a message we can only send if we fill the streets. Can you be
there with us on December 12th?* Click here to RSVP and get more details
<http://act.350.org/go/8311?t=1&utm_medium=email&akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>.

That said, it looks like *French authorities are actively obstructing
the climate movement mobilisation plans* around the Paris talks this
December, despite months of negotiations by the French coalition
organisers. So far they have refused to approve a march route through
central Paris, or to help provide accommodation and visas for people
travelling to Paris from all over the world, including countries most
impacted by the climate crisis.

*Please take 1 min to send a quick message to the Mayor of Paris,
telling her open up Paris for the COP21 !
<http://act.350.org/go/8561?t=2&utm_medium=email&akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>*

Why are we mobilising after the climate talks end? Because some of the
most important work comes after heads of state sign on the line.

The deal being discussed in Paris will probably fall short of our goals
for justice and science. But the fossil fuel industry will do everything
they can to undermine it and stop its implementation.

If a global climate deal is to become a reality, it will take a global
grassroots movement working relentlessly to confront coal, oil and gas
companies and their friends standing in the way. *It's up to us to stand
up and draw the red lines that we cannot compromise on.*

That's why we're focusing on what happens the day after the talks end -
December 12. That's when we can show heads of state and the fossil fuel
industry that we're serious about action.

*The plans are coming together, and they'll be much stronger with your
participation.* Click here to be a part of this moment
<http://act.350.org/go/8311?t=3&utm_medium=email&akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>.

Thank you for being part of the movement, and see you on December 12th.
Nicolas

350.org <http://350.org?akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C> is building a global
climate movement. You can connect with us on Facebook
<http://facebook.com/350.org?akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>, follow us on
Twitter <http://twitter.com/350>, and become a sustaining donor to keep
this movement strong and growing.
<https://act.350.org/donate/build/?akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>

Want to change your email address, location, or language? Click here
<http://350.org/update?akid=8162.2514951.ipQW6C>.

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.