[RSF] FW: [reteromanapalestina] Sintesi per reteromanapales…

Author: pilar castel
To: forumroma@inventati.org
Subject: [RSF] FW: [reteromanapalestina] Sintesi per reteromanapalestina@googlegroups.com - 7 aggiornamenti in 5 argomenti

To: reteromanapalestina@???
From: reteromanapalestina@???
Subject: [reteromanapalestina] Sintesi per reteromanapalestina@??? - 7 aggiornamenti in 5 argomenti
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 07:10:49 +0000

              reteromanapalestina@???

            Google Gruppi

    Sintesi argomento

    Visualizza tutti gli argomenti

      Wikileaks Reveals Hollywood's Hand In Repairing Israel's Broken Image -
      1 aggiornamento

      DA ASSOPACE PALESTINA SOLIDARIETA' A SCUP E ALLARME PER CLIMA DI REPRESSIONE -
      1 aggiornamento

      R: Re: [reteromanapalestina] Scup oggi alle 18 manifestazione -
      1 aggiornamento

      SGOMBERO E DISTRUZIONE DI SCUP IN CORSO MANIFESTAZIONE ALLE 18 -
      1 aggiornamento

      I: [Piazzavittorioantirazzista] I: [BibliotecheAutogestiteRomane] Sgombero scup -
      3 aggiornamenti

      Wikileaks Reveals Hollywood's Hand In Repairing Israel's Broken Image

          loretta mussi <lorettamussi48@???>: May 07 08:08PM +0200

        Mi sembra che questo non è passato in lista

loretta

*Loretta Mussi*

*06-45479147*

*3338312194*

http://www.mintpressnews.com/wikileaks-sony-hack-reveals-hollywoods-hand-in-repairing-israels-broken-image/205176/

*Wikileaks Sony Hack Reveals Hollywood’s Hand In Repairing Israel’s Broken

Image*

*The WikiLeaks archive reveals how some of Hollywood’s top players want to

combat the negative publicity of last summer’s brutal war on Gaza and link

the pro-Palestine movement to anti-Semitism.*

*By Kit O'Connell <http://www.mintpressnews.com/author/kit-oconnell/>

@KitOConnell **| May 1, 2015

<http://www.mintpressnews.com/wikileaks-sony-hack-reveals-hollywoods-hand-in-repairing-israels-broken-image/205176/>*

- [image: Twitter]

<http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Wikileaks%20Sony%20Hack%20Reveals%20Hollywood%E2%80%99s%20Hand%20In%20Repairing%20Israel%E2%80%99s%20Broken%20Image%20-%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mintpressnews.com%2Fwikileaks-sony-hack-reveals-hollywoods-hand-in-repairing-israels-broken-image%2F205176%2F%20%20%20*blogplay.com*>

- [image: Facebook]

<http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mintpressnews.com%2Fwikileaks-sony-hack-reveals-hollywoods-hand-in-repairing-israels-broken-image%2F205176%2F&t=Wikileaks%20Sony%20Hack%20Reveals%20Hollywood%E2%80%99s%20Hand%20In%20Repairing%20Israel%E2%80%99s%20Broken%20Image>

- [image: Google+]

<https://plus.google.com/share?url=%5bhttp://www.mintpressnews.com/wikileaks-sony-hack-reveals-hollywoods-hand-in-repairing-israels-broken-image/205176/%5d>

*[image: US actors Natalie Portman, right, and Scarlett Johansson attend a

royal film Premiere in central London Tuesday Feb. 19, 2008.]US actors

Natalie Portman, right, and Scarlett Johansson, both implicated in the

leaked Sony emails, attend a royal film Premiere in central London.*

------------------------------

*CULVER CITY**, California* — A MintPress News analysis of emails contained

in WikiLeaks archive of the Sony Hack <https://wikileaks.org/sony> reveals

how Hollywood executives are working to repair Israel’s public image in the

wake of the savage death toll from last summer’s Operation Protective Edge

offensive against Gaza. This includes a proposed documentary which would

attempt to tie support for Palestine to anti-semitic violence in Europe and

the United States.

A group of hackers called Guardians Of Peace held Sony computers hostage

last year before leaking thousands of files to the Internet. The U.S.

government has attempted to link the crime to North Korea

<http://www.mintpressnews.com/despite-box-office-patriotism-experts-question-north-korea-hacker-claims/200215/>,

citing retaliation for the controversial Sony Pictures film “The Interview.”

*Searchable Sony archive shows **Hollywood**’s Zionist bias*

Previous analysis of the leaked documents revealed how Sony executives,

including Amy Beth Pascal, chairwoman of the Motion Pictures Group of Sony

Pictures Entertainment from 2006 until just after the Sony Hack in 2015, made

racially insensitive comments about Barack Obama

<http://deadline.com/2014/12/scott-rudin-apology-sony-hacking-barack-obama-1201320321/>

.

WikiLeaks released a searchable archive of leaked internal emails and

documents <https://wikileaks.org/sony/press/> on April 16. Investigation of

the archive shows a pattern of support for Israel and its violent Zionist

policies both during and after the 2014 assault on Gaza by Sony employees

and other important members of the film industry.

Known as Operation Protective Edge, the brutal assault left at least 2,000

civilians dead and some 150,000 homeless. Pascal and almost 200 other

Hollywood executives publicly signed a Creative Community For Peace

<http://www.creativecommunityforpeace.com/justice/>petition blaming Hamas

for the devastation of Israel’s attack on Gaza

<http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/hollywood-elite-sign-anti-hamas-statement-1201289089/>

— an action the Jewish Journal cautioned “should not be confused with

courage” in an op-ed titled “Hollywood Zionists are alive and well

<http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywoodjew/item/for_hollywood_protest_letters_are_the_new_black>

.”

A leaked email shows that the Creative Community For Peace works in direct

opposition to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/46516>, which seeks to end

investment in Israel and is especially strong on college campuses.

David Lonner, a TV producer on shows like “Devious Maids,” writers to

Pascal on behalf of the CCFP:

*“Over the past couple of years, I, along with a group of influential music

execs put together a group called Creative Community for Peace which

battles the BDS movement (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) which has tried

to stop artists from performing in Israel. We have been very successful in

making sure artists like Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Paul McCartney and others

were not intimidated.”*

Ali Abunimah, writing for The Electronic Intifada, revealed April 2014

emails showing Sony executives taunting Ehab Al Shihabi

<http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/al-jazeera-america-boss-mocked-hamas-top-hollywood-execs-leaked-email>,

CEO of Al-Jazeera America, in response to the network’s unbiased reporting

on Palestine. Emails from August quote another executive, Steven Bernard,

complaining to several other executives, including Pascal, that a report

from Iran’s PressTV links Sony cameras to the guidance systems of Israeli

rockets

<http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/leaked-emails-expose-sony-concern-over-report-its-cameras-used-gaza-attack>

.

A deeper analysis of the emails by MintPress shows that Sony corporate

culture is deeply aligned with Zionism, and many within Hollywood seek to

take a more active role in creating propaganda opposed to Palestinian

rights and statehood.

*“Now, let’s win **the media war*”

Pascal was on a mailing list for The Israel Project, a non-profit with

financial ties to groups involved with other forms of propaganda,

including planting

pro-Israel stories on social media via paid interns

<http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/israel-tech-site-paying-interns-covertly-plant-stories-social-media>

.

In one fundraising email, received in September 2014, The Israel Project

tells Pascal, “Israel Won. Now, Let’s Win The Media War

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/82241>.” The email continues:

*“Israel won. Hamas lost. The terrorists have been forced to stop their

onslaught without achieving anything. But the struggle isn’t over. Now, the

battle moves to the global media. … Help the fight against Hamas by

donating today.”*

Though it’s not known whether Pascal ever donated as a result of this or

similar campaigns, the WikiLeaks archive clearly demonstrates Sony and

other Hollywood executive’s desire to win the “media war.”

Both Hollywood media sources

<http://gawker.com/the-natalie-portman-ryan-seacrest-gaza-strip-reply-all-1674694296>

and Mondoweiss <http://mondoweiss.net/2014/12/michael-rightwing-zionists> have

already covered an August 2014 email thread between Ryan Kavanaugh, CEO of

Relativity Media and a Hollywood producer (“The Social Network”), and

another producer, Ron Rotholz (“Canadian Bacon”), which included dozens of

celebrities and Hollywood elite in its “cc:” list — a list that inadvertently

exposed a secret Natalie Portman email

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/121480>. Kavanaugh also signed

the Creative Community For Peace petition.

During this exchange, Kavanaugh complains:

*“The problem is that Moore ‘ law is kicking in. Before the summer 50

percent of college students supported israel, today less the 25 percent do.

There are hate crimes against heed happening in almost every major

metropolitan city, now including the US.”*

The concern raised by Kavanaugh and other participants is that declining

opinions of Israel could lead to a second Holocaust. “So what do we do?” he

asks.

The same email thread returns in October, when Kavanaugh revives it by

sharing a link to a CBS Evening News story about armed guards protecting

synagogues in Germany during Yom Kippur

<http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-semitism-spike-in-germany-raising-old-fears/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17>.

The email has a new subject

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/34178>: “Happy New Year. Too bad

Germany is now a no travel zone for jews.”

It’s here that several film industry executives begin planning a more

active role in the “media war.”

*“The greatest **messaging machine*”

Cassian Elwes, a British producer (“The Dallas Buyers Club”), responds to

Kavanaugh’s link <https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/54689>:

*“How about we all club together and make a documentary about the rise of

new anti semitism in Europe I would be willing to contribute and put time

into it if others here would do the same. Between all of us I’m sure we

could figure out a way to distribute it and get it into places like Cannes

so we could have a response to guys like loach. Perhaps we try to use it to

rally support from film communities in Europe to help us distribute it

there”*

“Loach” refers to Ken Loach, a British filmmaker, who called for a boycott

of Israeli cultural products

<http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/aug/25/ken-loach-calls-for-cultural-boycott-of-israel>

at the 2014 Sarajevo Film Festival.

The idea is met with enthusiasm.

“I’m in,” replies Kavanaugh

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/84014>.

“Me too,” says Pascal <https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/164674>.

Mark Canton, producer of films like “300,” jumps in to suggest

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/86931>: “Lets organize this.”

Jason Binn, founder of luxury fashion magazine DuJour, offers to promote

the film <https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/46933>, sight unseen,

while Hollywood attorney and occasional actor Glenn Feig offers legal

representation.

>From this point forward, a new, smaller group begins sharing links to

reports of anti-Semitism in Europe and the U.S., but now with an eye toward

building evidence for their proposed documentary. In addition to Elwes,

Kavanaugh, Pascal, Feig, Binn and Rotholz, the group is joined by TV

producer Ben Silverman (“Mob Wives”).

“Ron and I are talking in earnest tomorrow about directors. I don’t know if

any if you know or have an opinion about him but I’m an admirer if Errol

Morris,” writes Elwes on Oct. 10

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/19114>.

John Battsek, a producer of documentaries for Passion Pictures, is also

discussed for possible involvement.

It’s clear that Elwes is aware of the power that Hollywood holds over the

opinion of the global public.

“We work in the greatest messaging machine in the world and if we can’t get

this message across no one can,”he writes on Oct. 5

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/39391>.

*Linking* Palestine to *anti-Semitism*

The group’s message is one that explicitly links anti-Semitism not just to

recent, violent attacks on Jews worldwide but to any opposition to the

policies of Israel. Because they believe that criticism of Israel could

lead to a new Holocaust against Jews, all such criticism has to be

vigorously opposed.

In September, Rotholz and Kavanaugh attacked a New York City performance of

“The Death Of Klinghoffer,”

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/76739> a modern opera that’s

critical of Israeli occupation of Palestine and the ways it leads to unrest

and terrorism.

Kavanaugh explicitly links the opera to fears of a renewed Holocaust:

*“We can continue to be silent and pretend this isn’t happening because it

is not in our country yet. We can ignore the anti semitism akin to pre ww2

Germany … now lining the streets of london, France Germany and around the

world. We all may think we’re protected here in the free US. We are not. It

had now hit our doorstep and yet we remain silent?”*

In reply, Rotholz writes:

*“And tommorrow the UK Parliament are voting to recognise the State of

Palestine, which would mean the recoginition of the current govt. co-run by

Hamas …… Sweden, Poland and Hungary have already done this ……. many lines

are being crossed …….. it’s a new reality for us. The tacit and subtle

recognition of Hamas as a legitimate government with legitimate policies

and a legitimate charter, by Western governments is a hate crime on a

global scale.”*

Rotholz links to a video titled “The Jewish Voices on Campus

<https://youtu.be/gAyFlByb64M>,” in which students on U.S. campuses liken

support for Palestine to anti-Semitic attacks.

“The issue is we do experience a lot of anti-semitism, in a lot of

different ways,” Henry, a student at the University of California, Berkeley,

says in one of the video’s first spoken sentences.

In the next shot, Michael, a Harvard University student, is seen speaking

at a microphone. “To be completely honest with you, you know, being against

Israel has become the cool thing to do,” he says.

Immediately following this statement is footage of peaceful, pro-Palestine

demonstrators chanting on an unidentified college campus, while another

student is heard describing a college professor who reportedly called his

students “little jihadis.”

Later, in October 2014, the group working on the documentary project shares

news of both recognition of Palestine by European governments

<https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/20275> and swastikas painted on

university campuses <https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/16886> with

equal interest and dismay.

Based on the WikiLeaks archive and the other sources available, MintPress

was unable to determine whether the documentary project remains active. If

discussions continued after the hack, they are not available to the public.

No IMDB listings or other industry news could be found for the proposed

film.

While the proposed documentary may never reach theaters, it’s clear that

Hollywood, the world’s “greatest messaging machine,” has been engaged in

producing propaganda on behalf of Israel.

    Torna all'inizio

      DA ASSOPACE PALESTINA SOLIDARIETA' A SCUP E ALLARME PER CLIMA DI REPRESSIONE

          Livia Parisi <liv.parisi@???>: May 07 03:59PM +0200

        *DA ASSOPACE PALESTINA SOLIDARIETA' A SCUP E ALLARME PER CLIMA DI

REPRESSIONE*

Assopace Palestina esprime la propria solidarietà a tutte le persone che in

questi anni hanno reso lo Scup, sgomberato stamattina e completamente distrutto

dalle ruspe, un luogo di vita sociale, di aggregazione e di produzione di

cultura. Esprime, inoltre, allarme per una politica di repressione, chiusura

di spazi pubblici e limitazione della partecipazione popolare sempre più

spesso portata avanti dalle amministrazioni negli ultimi anni.

Palestra, osteria, ludoteca, biblioteca, scuola di musica e luogo di

attività culturali aperto al quartiere e a tutta la città, nel corso di

quasi tre anni lo Scup non ha mancato di far sentire la propria solidarietà

nei confronti dei palestinesi, ospitando nei suoi locali, incontri,

dibattiti, proiezioni e iniziative di sostegno. Anche per questo non

possiamo che criticare la scelta di distruggere questa realtà, dando spazio

al privato e ad un ennesimo centro commerciale. Invitiamo tutti e tutte a

solidarizzare con lo Scup, partecipando alla manifestazione che si terrà

questa sera ore 18 via Nola 5.

Luisa Morgantini, presidente Assopace Palestina

--

Livia Parisi

*Cell: +39 3485443954 *

*Email: **liv.parisi@???* <liv.parisi@???>

    Torna all'inizio

      R: Re: [reteromanapalestina] Scup oggi alle 18 manifestazione

          marco di renzo <marcodirenzo@???>: May 07 02:36PM +0200

        Dalle 17.30 assemblea a Via Nola davanti a Scup. Resistenza!

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung