Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and im…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and improvements
sajolida@??? wrote:
>>    I realize that the axes that we currently use probably don't match
>>    their needs: e.g. how do you categorize something that's about the
>>    Tor configuration's UX? is it about Tor configuration, or about UX?
>>    Maybe an additional "UX" boolean flag is the best we can do, until
>>    we have tags.

> We use categories to describe different "axes" as you call them:
>   - Tools (eg Whisperback)
>   - Fields of expertise (eg Accessibility and Internationalization)
>     The "name field of expertise" is not that good but I couldn't find
>     better...

> Unless we decide to have only one axe in those categories, they are
> bound to overlaps sometimes. When I have to choose between two things, I
> choose the "tool" over the "field of expertise".

Ah, and even when categories only represent "tools" they can overlap
when a ticket is about the intersection of two "tools". For example
"Persistence preset - I2P" is tool "I2P" or "Persistence"?

I think that the Category field need to be either redesigned fully
(ideally to be multivalued) or we should take for granted that it will
be quite lame...

--
sajolida