Re: [Freepto] Initial comments

Author: boyska
To: freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Initial comments
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:16:06AM +0000, vinc3nt wrote:
>On 02/25/2014 01:06 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>> 23. Using persistence-media=removable-usb, you'll soon enough be
>>     affected by the same problem as Tails caused by vendors such as
>>     Sandisk now shipping USB sticks with the removable flag set (in

>Until now we never experienced this problem, but of course we can work
>to fix it together.

I experienced it, one time. I am not sure if it was a SanDisk.
So yes, it would be great to improve that persistence-media selection

>> 25. Does anything prevent live-* to use a cleartext swap partition
>>     found on an internal hard drive?

>Is this a realistic scenario? I never experienced with _automatic_ swap
>mount from an internal HD.
>I will check this behavior. Is there any hack in Tails to prevent it?

I've seen that swapon is replaced by a bogus command in tails.
While I, like vinc3nt, believe that swap should not be automounted,
completely avoiding would be far better.

--
boyska