[Tails-dev] Installing Tails onto USB-Stick

Author: Arne Hitzmann
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Installing Tails onto USB-Stick
 Hello everybody,
i was playing around with Tails the last days and there might be a little flaw in your documentation how to install tails onto a USB-Stick.
The documentation suggesting it like this:

isohybrid [tails.iso] --entry 4 --type 0x1c
cat [tails.iso] > [device] && sync

But this lead me (even with root rights of course) to a "Permission Denied" Exception.
I don't why in particular but it might have something to do with the usage of the cat command for data transfer.
Please correct me if i am wrong.
But maybe i am not the only one with this problem, actually it worked fine link this :

isohybrid [tails.iso] --entry 4 --type 0x1c
(sudo/su) dd if=[tails.iso] of=[device] && sync

so maybe it's possible to add this method to the one shown on the website.

Kind Regards
Arne Hitzmann

My OperatingSystem: Ubuntu 12.04.2