Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: July 2

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: July 2
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (29 Jun 2013 10:30:11 GMT) :
> the first Tails developers meeting that will happen in the open is
> scheduled for July 2, on #tails-dev (OFTC) at 8pm UTC (10pm CEST).

This did happen, and here are the minutes.

Agenda
======

1. Broken window week
2. Monthly low-hanging fruits meeting?
3. Next shifts: WAN and RM
4. ioerror's "debrief on users i have trained"
5. Include Stem?
6. Iceweasel addon - RequestPolicy

Broken window week
==================

Introduction
------------

Our "broken windows" (https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/,
sorry for the crappy reference) are tasks or issues that, ideally,
should have been resolved a while ago, and seeing them still causing
problems is demotivating.

We try to spend a week focusing on broken windows each month.
Recently, most core contributors have been focusing on broken windows
all the time, so we skipped them in practice.

However, if new contributors want to play with us, it may make sense
to revive these specific times.

Decisions
---------

In July, intrigeri will work on the migration to Redmine, and sajolida
will tackle the "document timezone" broken window.

Monthly low-hanging fruits meeting?
===================================

Introduction
------------

Low-hanging fruits meeting: spend a while together on many small tasks
that take less than 2 hours each, and are waiting in our TODO list for
too long.

During these meetings, we exceptionally allow ourselves to do the
review & merge process on IRC instead of the usual email -based
workflow, so this should all go pretty smoothly. Then, we report back
on tails-dev.

We also use these meetings to review stuff that's waiting in
the queue.

Decisions
---------

We'll have two low-hanging fruits meetings in July, with different
times to satisfy various timezones:

- Thursday 11 at 8am UTC
- Saturday 13 at 7pm UTC

Next shifts: WAN and RM
=======================

Introduction
------------

These are roles we take shifts for, and help us organize ourselves:
- https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/release_manager/
- https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/welcome_and_annoying_nitpicker/

Decisions
---------

- anonym will act as the Tails 0.20 (schedule early August) Release Manager.
- sajolida will do the next WAN shift (July 17 → August 28).

ioerror's "debrief on users i have trained"

Jacob did not show up eventually, so this did not happen.

Include Stem?
=============

https://tails.boum.org/todo/Stem/

No valid reason was provided for the inclusion of the Stem library, so
we won't include it, until we want to include some software that
depends on Stem.

Iceweasel addon - RequestPolicy

https://tails.boum.org/todo/iceweasel_addon_-_RequestPolicy/

Decision is to tag this ticket wishlist, and clarify that to happen,
this requires:

1. someone to verify how it integrates etc. and checks it's safe
2. someone who commits to maintain it in Tails on the long run

Cheers,
--
intrigeri