[Tails-dev] Fixing of a non-bug in live-persist

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Fixing of a non-bug in live-persist
Hi everybody,

0.16-rc1 fixed a bug in live-persist that allowed the user to enable a
persistent storage from a non-removable disk. Great.

However, even if live-media=removable parameter was removed from the
kernel command line to boot from a non-removable drive, enabling the
persistent storage it contains became impossible. This have never been
advertised as a feature, but I was using it.

I made a small patch in feature/live-persist_guess_removable to
restrict device search in live-persist using the kernel commandline as
live-boot does. intrigeri merged it into testing.

Cheers,

Alan