Re: [Tails-dev] 0.11 testing

Author: Robert Ransom
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] 0.11 testing
On 2012-04-24, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> alan@??? wrote (24 Apr 2012 13:16:18 GMT) :
>>> From: intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
>>> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:11:48 +0200

>>> Is this a regression wrt. 0.10.2?
>
>> Just tried, no regression.
>
> OK, so let's postpone this to post 0.11, then. Would you mind creating
> a bug report about it, with as detailed information as you can? (i.e.
> more detailed than "start to shutdown" etc.)

The only dmesg line I see when I remove an SD card from one USB reader is:

<6>[1104952.342286] sdg: detected capacity change from 16009658368 to 0

I have not tested any others. Note that this memory card reader also
detects when a memory card is inserted into it.

I have no idea how to detect this event or act on it (other than by
monitoring klogd's output, which is a yucky flaky hack). It is not
detected as the removal of a USB device; only as a change in a
device's state.

Robert Ransom