[movimenti.bicocca] Anthropology in the World Conference Pub…

Author: Sophie Alice Sarcinelli
To: docpostdoc-ethno@yahoogroupes.fr, Liste Doctorants Iris, Laboratorio sulla partecipazione politica e associativa del Dipartimento di Sociologia e ricerca sociale dell'Universita' degli Studi di Milano- Bicocca
Subject: [movimenti.bicocca] Anthropology in the World Conference Publicity and Facebook
Dear Anthropology in the World Colleagues,

Please find attached the publicity flyer for the Anthropology in the
World Conference. We would greatly appreciate your help in disseminating this
flyer to friends, colleagues and others who may be interested in attending the
event.

Registration is now open and we have created a Facebook page for Conference
participants to join: http://www.facebook.com/RAIConference  Please take part by ‘liking’ this page and join in
the online conversation!

Anthropology in the World

This international conference explores the relevance and contribution
of anthropology outside academia to fields such as development, health,
education, law, media and business.

The event offers:
- an interface between scholarship, applied anthropology and the wider
workplace
- a platform for public engagement with the discipline
- a forum for social scientists, professionals, organisations and
students to share their visions, experiences and expertise
- an opportunity to network with publishers, businesses and NGOs
- a selection of ethnographic films, photographic exhibitions and
displays.

 Anthropology in the World provides an opportunity to take part in workshops, panels and discussions on
key debates addressing the impact of social science on issues such as land
claims, cultural heritage, sustainable development, public health and forensic
research.

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to seeing you all in
June!
Best,
Nafisa

Nafisa Fera