Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
hi,

anonym wrote (29 Nov 2011 16:35:07 GMT) :
>> I guess the next Firefox 3.x security updates round will happen
>> until then; however, their schedule is less clear than it usually
>> is, so we might eventually have to postpone our own release a bit.

> Sure, but what exactly do you mean? As I understand it where gonna
> move on to >3, so 3.x security updates only apply to a potential
> Tails 0.9.1, no?

Firefox 9 is due to be released on December 20. So we'll probably get
this one. Unless we don't manage to fix all FF8+ blockers until the
proposed freeze date; in that case, 3.x security updates do matter.

> I'll focus on the following (including quoted ones):

> - Update i2p.
> - Fix bridge mode (it got broken after merging in tordate).

Great!

>> - feature/more_languages: I don't remember why it was not merged yet

> Before merging, are there any more languages we should include
> (currently Russian, Farsi and Vietnamese).

No idea. If these languages are ready to go in, I wonder why other
not-ready-yet languages should prevent this from happening.

>>   - feature/no_transparent_proxy: needs some work, but I think we can
>>     do it; no emergency, though.

> I wasn't aware of any agreement on that we want this.

Indeed, we did not discuss this anywhere but on the forum.
If anyone disagrees, now is the right time to speak up.

> However, I want it, so I'll do this (+ update the design doc) unless
> someone objects.

FTR: what's been done, and what's left to do, has been tracked on
todo/the_end_of_transparent_proxying?

>> - feature/winxp_theme: needs discussion and decision, see the wiki

> What about just merging it and consider it as a tech review? I might
> have a look on a few of the bugs and stuff, but I don't think we
> should implement the os-probe-based auto-selection yet.

I'm quite in favour of merging it and calling it a tech preview, but
I find it hard to decide anything without an up-to-date
todo/windows_theme page. I remember some of what anonym and
I privately discussed, but that page does not help me to clear
my memories.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>